Robert Golds b.1832 Mertsham Surrey d.1884 Rotherhithe Surrey (now S.E.London)
m.1859 at the Parish Church in Ewell.
Annette Wood b.1837 Ewell Surrey d.1909 Teddington Middx
Robert was a farmer probably a tennant,when he lived at Puttocks Farm(1881)Codmore Hill, Pulborough Sussex. By the time he died in London he was a foreman at Lambeth Water Works.
His father was William Golds who was a farmer in Cheam.
They Had Fourteen Known Children.
1. William Robert b.1860 d.1861
2. Harry b.1862 d.1947
3. Ernest b.1863 d.1931
4. Arthur b.1865 d. 1916
Mar. 5 Aug 1889 Harriot March b.1866 Pylle , Sommerset
Extensive March Family Website can be found at www.march-genealogy.co.uk
6. Sidney Golds b.1868 Pulborough Sussex
m.? Alice Maud ? b.1874 Plymouth Devon
7. Jessie Hallet b.1869 d.1957
8. Edith Golds b1871 Pulborough Sussex
9. George Golds b.1872 Pulborough Sussex
10. Mabel Emma Golds b. Dec1872 Pulborough Sussex
m.Ewell 1898 William D. Swanson b.1872 St.Pancras
11. Bertha Louise b. 1875 d.1952
12. John Golds b. 1877 Pulborough Sussex d.1946 Pevensey ,Sussex
m.1903 Elizabeth Ann Hannaford
13. Thornton Golds b.1878 Thornton Heath Surrey
m.1. 1905- 2. 1926 -Margaret O’Neil
14. Philip Golds b. 1880 Lambeth Surrey (now London)
On the 1901 census John was living in Bexley , Kent as a Grocery assistant, by his marriage in 1903 he was the manager of a grocers at 37 Chapel st , Woolwich, Kent . He went on at various times to own shops at Ewell, Surrey/Walton on the Hill , Surrey/Haywards Heath , Sussex.Before retiring to Camber Drive ,Pevensey Bay.